Skip to main content

I Encounter Halftones Everywhere!

Technically speaking, halftone screens are "tessallations" - patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape, without gaps or overlapping. And since tessallations are pop decorative items - I terminate upwards seeing halftone screens everywhere. Here are a few from a recent trip to Seattle.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 classic Diamond halftone dot
 patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
An illustration of a high lpi traditional Square dot halftone
 patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
In contrast to a real depression lpi Square dot
 patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
Waiting to cross the street I location a mix of 2 halftone patterns patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
At outset it appears to live a classic Round dot mixed amongst a to a greater extent than subtle Square dot halftone patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
But on closer exam it seems to live an exotic version of Esko's Concentric screening. Interestingly the pixels that brand upwards this sidewalk halftone are circular instead of the traditional foursquare shape.
 patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
Walking past times this edifice reveals a fine illustration of patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
Second guild FM/stochastic screening. patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
Sometimes the lastly halftone enshroud is non visible, simply instead, y'all tin post away come across the foundation for the halftone. Halftone enshroud dots are formed past times a "threshold" array - basically a designing made upwards of 256 shades of greyness which determines which pixels are turned on to shape the actual dot.
The tones of the granite pillar on this building
 patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
Make a bully threshold array to work a patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!
Mezzotint halftone (the correct one-half of the photograph below - click to enlarge)
 patterns that encompass a surface past times the repeated role of a unmarried shape I come across halftones everywhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wayback Thought – Sp Plateless Commencement Technology Scientific Discipline Inwards 2000

Recently, J P Imaging, amongst their experimental Miracle Plate* technology, has demonstrated a unique concept – that of switching an uncoated litho ‘blank’ uncoated plate from hydrophobic to hydrophilic. The benefits of this technology, if it becomes a product, is the potential elimination of all chemicals inward plate coating, organic solvents from the coating process, equally good equally all requirements for processing equipment too associated chemistry. It would too convey major environmental benefits past times drastically reducing the need for aluminum inside the printing industry. The annunciation has renewed involvement inward option ways to icon plates for outset lithography. One such option was demonstrated equally a proof of concept at GraphExpo inward 2000. The CreoScitex "SP Plateless Technology" was a plate imaging arrangement where a plate could last imaged, too reimaged, past times spraying an ink receptive coating (Agfa Lightspeed) on it piece the plate wa...

The Wayback Stance – The Chromocritic

Although color films are manufactured for measure atmospheric condition of exposure, all the careful run of the lensman too manufacturer may endure negated if a transparency, or whatever color painting for that matter, is viewed nether improper lighting conditions. Today, nigh people inward the graphic arts are aware that the low-cal nether which color originals is viewed has been standardized too specified (5000˚K (a.k.a D50) lighting - ISO 3664 - "Viewing too lighting standards"). However, this was non ever so. The "chromocritic" was developed yesteryear the Macbeth fellowship of Philadelphia to solve this occupation inward an ingeniously practical way yesteryear assuring accurate interpretation of transparency colors. It contained 2 manually controlled low-cal sources yesteryear which the customer could choose a for sure temperature low-cal at which the transparency pleased him. Ad men, circa 1959, inspecting a color transparency using the Macbeth chromocriti...

Printing Standards As Well As Specifications

Printing standards together with their associated specifications convey an independent, authoritative, together with concrete soil for file preparation, proofing, presswork, together with output evaluation. They cut down proofing cycles together with enable faster blessing processes. They likewise help synchronize expectations betwixt impress buyer together with impress provider. I'll get amongst a few definitions. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Standard according to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) defines a criterion as: "A document established past times consensus together with approved past times a recognized trunk that provides for mutual together with repeated use, rules, guidelines or characteristics for activities or their results, aimed at the achievement of the optimum grade of guild inward a given context." Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Specification is non a standard. Rather, it is a detailed description of the criteria for...